While I was sipping this black coffee and looking at old photographs of me and friends; I quickly remembered moments shared with them. They were funny, smart, crazy and annoying in some way but as the days turned into years, the attitude of some changed from good to bad and from bad to worse while few remained the same.
Here is an advice:
When in the midst of the people you call friends; search for the despicable and keep them at a distance. You can talk with them any-time but remember; personal matters can’t be shared with them.
Here’s what I think a true friend is:
- That heart that loved you at your worst
- That arm that held you at your weakest
- That fellow who stood up for you when everyone was against you
- That person who gave you light in your darkness
- That person who let you be yourself around him/her
- That person who always told you the home truth
- That person who sees pain in your eyes when everyone else believes the smile on your face
- That person who has time to listen to everything you have to say including rants.
A true friend scolds like a dad, cares like a mum, teases likes a sister, irritates like a brother and finally loves you more than a lover.
When you find such people; repay them with kindness. Try your best to be a good friend too.
A true friend does not come with a label on the forehead, you get to know them when you’re going through hard times.
PS Shout out to all my true buddies, you’ve have been amazing. I don’t regret having you as best friends. Thanks for the love.